Pages

June 09, 2008

You really do need to Get a Blog!

Many of us have tinkered with a blog here or there, over the years. I know I have had several blogs scattered around in different places. Most of the standard "member" and "forum" websites have offered different blogging services and because I am a sucker for leaving my words scattered all over the Internet I know I have started several blogs along the way.

Several months ago, when I began learning about some of the New ways the Internet will be delivering content I realized that things are really going to change. I have always been one of those kinds of people who learn how to do things, and jump right in. I honestly couldn't explain How or What I have learned to anyone by using the techno-babble I have needed to read along the way.

I never have learned all the technical words for most of the things I have learned to do--so any of my Blogs on this blog will use Standard--Middle Aged--Blond housewife English Translation. Otherwise I just can't share what I am learning if you want me to get all Geeky. That is the dude I married--and in the area of Blogging and Social Networking I know more then he does.

The most important thing I can tell anyone who really wants to enjoy the future of surfing the web and catching the Big Waves is "YOU REALLY DO NEED TO GET A BLOG" One main blog that is all your own.

I like the Blogger.com For so many reasons! First, it is part of the Google Account which means that when I log into my Blog I am also logged into my Gmail account, have access to my Webmaster tools and can look at any Adsense account information all with just a few clicks...

I also like the Blogger.com Blogspot blogs because in many cases while I surf I can add things right to my Blog with just a few clicks. I find that it is pretty simple to make a basic blog and that learning to add new things is easy and requires the skills of Copy -- Paste and clicking "Save" with perhaps the added talent of Drag and Drop to put things where you want them. It can hardly be more simple!

Blogspot users can be added and write on each other's blogs! And it's easy because once a blogger is added to the blogspot they will see the blog in their own dashboard and not need to sign in and out of anything except their own account in order to add a blog.

The important thing is that anyone who wanting to join social networking really needs to have a central blog If You don't then be sure to take the time to start one now!

No comments: