Pages

January 06, 2009

I am learning to use Joomla!

It's a well known fact that the website for the Adoptive Parents Network has had a few blips during 2008 but, I am happy and a bit distracted working on it! We contracted a professional to Set everything up and now it's just a matter of me learning how to use Joomla!

So far, I am excited about the progress the new remodeled Adoptive Parents Network website has made during the past several months. The experience I have gained in both putting together websites and blogs since 2005 and my experience parenting special kids has made me very confident with the Nature of the Network we plan to create.

This project has some exciting plans and will be unfolding one little thing at a time. Our new community forums using PhpBB3 are ready and the information and resource sections have been started. Joomla! is amazing but, requires a great deal of putting together. Our template seems to be working very well. Right now there is a huge amount of content to put on the site as well as a large number of things to set up!

The exciting part is that with the development of this site we feel confident that our members will enjoy the changes and redesigned website!




No comments: