Pages

August 13, 2008

Tag You Are It... Delicious.com

I have had an account with Delicious.com for years now. I started using their social bookmarking services when I was working as a Blogger for Families.com. While working there we were asked to open an account an "TAG" our blogs.

I still have my account along with the nearly three-years of fairly regular bookmarks. My link is right in MyBlogLog.com widget as one of the services I belong to.

Are you asking yourself, "What is Delicious?"

It took me a little while to figure it out myself, so don't feel silly for not understanding that Delicious is a social bookmarking service.

I can tell by the look in your eyes as you read "Social Bookmarking Service" that means something, but still no clue what?

Delicious.com allows users (me, and you) a free account to keep tags, as well as save, manage and share web pages. All offered from a centralized source. Delicious.com puts the emphasis on the power of the community, by offering a great tool for people to discover, remember and share information on the Internet.

With Delicious anyone can bookmark any site on the Internet, and then return to it from anywhere rather then needing new or different bookmarks on every specific computer itself (oh, I can't stand a new computer for that!) With Delicious your account holds a single set of bookmarks each one kept in sync between all of the computers you might use... Including turning on the New one for the first time. When using someone else's computer or one at a hotel, your bookmarks are there just as created right on the Delicious website.

Delicious is considered a "Social" bookmarking service, because not only do you have the ability to keep your bookmarks in order but, you share them with other users as well. Friends who use Delicious, can exchange interesting bookmarks, explore the site to find interesting users to network with. The Subscriptions and Network features can be used to keep track of Delicious tags and other users you find most interesting.

Delicious service can be added to a Feedburner Blog or as a Service on your MyBlogLog.com accounts and widgets. I am sure there are many other ways Delicious can be added and used in your social networking--but, being Blond the only things I can tell you are those I have figured out so far... Feel Free to add your comments about Delicious.com and let everyone know about how you have used Delicious.com Social Bookmarking Service.


Hang-Ten, for Now!



This post is not sponsored or underwritten by any form of advertising.

No comments: