Pages

July 29, 2008

Why I Like Toolbars

While I am in a major round of change with my Blog A Mother’s Guide to Sanity, there are certain things that can’t be done until someone or some computer says, or does something. I have learned that while in transition with one project it’s best to find some other distraction and work on a completely different kind of project.

It seems like a good time to work on some of the Open Identification things that are going on out there in cyberspace. Since part of the transition project going on with my other Blog includes contacting MyBlogLog.com it seems like a good time to pay some attention to all of my Yahoo Networking … toolbars, services and interfaces. Or whatever other name these things are being called.. I just use 70’s Valley Girl Speak here on my Geek Network Blog.

Today, I have updated my actual Yahoo Toolbar and this is for my benefit completely! I have learned that keeping the tool bars updated and configuring them to be the way I like to use them is a huge benefit for me when I am Social Networking. My Yahoo Toolbar gives me instant access to my Yahoo Email and I can log into my toolbar and be set to go!

I also like the Yahoo Toolbar because I can add direct links to other services I use a lot! For instance, I have buttons for all of my Yahoo services but also for other site and services I use like YouTube, MySpace, and other Social Networks I belong to. The only rule I make with all of my toolbars is that the buttons only show up on ONE of them! I also have the Google Tool Bar which I especially like because I love the Google Spell Check, page rank, and Vote buttons! I also have the toolbar offered by my Internet Provider Comcast

I have found that by taking just a little time to Organize from the Top Down my time and efforts on the Internet are much more productive. The various things that I use my toolbars for are not only simple but, save me time when I am hard at work and make it nice when I am hardly at work too!

Spending just a little time setting up my toolbars today has given me a distraction while I wait to find out how this transition of my other Blog is going smooth and what steps I need to make.

Once I am finished with setting up my Yahoo Toolbar, I plan to move on and do some work with my Yahoo Open Id… Which I am sure might be the topic of my next post here!

No comments: